Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No Excuses

Well, I have zero excuses for not posting in so long, so I won't even try to pretend. A lot has happened since my last post. Everett has two teeth in, and 3 that I can feel (and kinda see) working their way into his mouth. He has become very "busy". He can go from lying on his tummy to sitting all on his own, pull up and cruise around his crib, and anything else he can find. He attempts crawling, but ends up getting mad, so he just inches around and rolls until he gets where he wants. He can make it all the way across a room using this method! Apparently, I did the very same thing, and never actually crawled, and was walking at 9 months. We will see if he does that, too. I am not sure if I am ready for him to walk that early, though. Yes, I know people used to think that something was seriously wrong with children who skip crawling, but that has since been disproved...He also babbles to his toys and to us and mostly says "D" sounds, dadadadad. He thinks he is funny and laughs at himself a lot.
Everett and I also went to Houston for a week to meet people he had never met before and just to visit family and friends. It was a WONDERFUL time. We went to the beach, ate yummy food, saw so many fun friends and had a great time with my family.
I will be posting LOTS of pictures, but they will probably post out of order like they usually do since I am no expert on how to use this blog.
We have been on play dates and been swimming this summer, and even bathing with no tub seat. Everett likes to fake swim in the tub now, and also likes to try to catch the water as it comes out of the faucet or up from the pool spouts.
We are still enjoying him more and more everyday. I also LOVE being at home and being "employed" by my son and husband :)


PS...No pictures this time. I have been trying for 3 days and cannot get them to upload. There are mostly all on Facebook anyway. Sorry!

1 comment:

Drew's Adventures said...

Kelsey army crawled to! Maybe it's a Hammons gene.

We keep trying to plan a time to head your direction so we can meet our newest cousin but haven't yet. Maybe in a few weeks we can!