Tuesday, December 23, 2008

5 Weeks and Counting!

Since my last post I have done quite a bit of work! I met with the last 2 pediatricians on my list, and have decided that I will go with the first one I met with. It was a hard decision because I REALLY like all 3 of them. When it came down to it, we had to go with the Dr that would follow the vaccination schedule that we prefer. An added benefit is that she happens to be the closest Dr to us.
Also, I have finished all but one load of baby laundry (thanks Mom and Abi for your help) and we have the nursery ready to go. Eron's mom bought our mattress for us..THANK YOU, Sunni, so now all we need is the baby to complete the room.

At my prenatal check up yesterday the sono tech said that Baby Linn has reached 8 pounds. I find this hard to believe, but that is what she told me. I know that these technicians can be off by up to a pound or pound and a half either way, but I still have 5 weeks for this baby to grow. Even if she is off, that is still big. The Dr looked at me yesterday and said, "I think we can get you at less than 12." 12.....12 POUNDS!!!! I hope that he was kidding. I am not sure though. I wish someone had been there to see the look on my face. I will love this baby regardless, but I have to admit I am a little afraid of delivery.
Also, the sono tech showed me that the baby has lots of hair. Yay!!! That makes me happy for some reason. I think babies that have hair are hilarious. I don't really know why. Maybe because it just doesn't seem to fit that a baby would have hair...
That is pretty much all for now on the baby updates.

I did want to let everyone know that we had to put my sweet kitty, Chico to sleep on Saturday. It was terribly sad and I have been so sad about it that I have not told anyone except my mom, dad, and sister. It is too hard for me to talk about. I miss him and look for him all the time still, but I know that he is not suffering anymore, and that makes me feel a little bit better. I added another picture of him that was taken before he got sick.


I probably won't post again before Christmas, so I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

5 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Alyson,
Congrats on your thriving healthy sweet baby! I can't wait to see a picture and hear the name!!

And I want to offer you my sincerest condolences on your precious kitty. I hope your heart heals sweetie!

Amy L said...

Oh Aly! I am so sorry about Chico! My heart goes out to you! I want to see updated pictures of your belly!

Erika said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear about your sweet Chico! I hope you stay strong & remember that he's not hurting anymore.

Jenni Fairbanks said...

We are sorry to hear about Chico...having to decide to put a pet to sleep is the worst. You are in our prayers in these days...

Unknown said...

I will miss "my" baby Chico, and I will never forget the ribbon incident...EVER!