Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby L Updates

Well, yesterday I interviewed with the first pediatricain on my list of 3. I was not so sure if I would like her at first, but after meeting with her, she is GREAT! She was fine with the vaccination schedule we would like to follow (which is pretty hard to come by) and she has no problems with whatever sleep/feed schedule works best for mom and baby (as long as baby is healthy, of course). There were many other things I liked about her, but these two factors were key. I will still interview the other two and make a final decision next week.

After the pediatricain interview, I went for my prenatal appointment. Baby L is at an estimated 6 pounds, 7 ounces!!! And we still have 6 and a half weeks to go. Even though my Dr is not yet ready to talk to me about inducing early (I had to see his associate yesterday, my Dr. is in the Holy Land), the sonogram tech in his office said he will likely want to induce mid January. Until yesterday I have been hoping that I will just go into labor naturally, but the prospect of delivering a 10 pound baby has me re-thinking things a bit. I think I would be fine being induced early. According to the sonogram report, (I can't remember the technical name)Baby L is an 8 out of 8 on the scale of health, so great news!!!

I mestioned that my Dr. is out of the office on a trip. Let me just say that I have known for quite some time how lucky I am to have found such a great Dr, but yesterday really proved it! He is thorough, takes time with his patients, sensitive to questions and concerns, and NEVER makes you feel like he is in a huge hurry to his next appointment, even if you know he is in the middle of delivering 3 babies and running back and forth from the hospital to his office. Also, anytime I mention to people in the medical community who my Dr. is, they go on and on about how great he is. Good sign. So yesterday, meeting with his associate was just different. Even the nurse staff seemed aloof and like I was just a number. Not to say the sub Dr was not nice, and I do think he is a good Dr, he just did not seem to take an interest in the 2 things I wanted to ask him about, or in making sure I was comfortable with everything. My Dr always asks what questions I have. This one did not. I had to tell him that I needed to ask him somehting. I think he spent a total of 5-7 minutes with me. And maybe this is the standard for most Drs, but definitly not mine! Anyway, I try no to take for granted that I am sooooo fortunate to have the Dr. that I have! I am glad he will be back and I will get to see him next week.

2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

I'm so glad you have doctors you love! Which pediatrician did you interview??

TERS! said...

so close sweetie!!