Monday, December 8, 2008

Loss

Since a young child I have dealt with the loss of loved ones, which is something that many people do not experience until they are older.
It seems that no matter who it is or when it happens, though, it is the most difficult thing in the world to deal with.
This week I am dealing with loss on two different scales. The first is the loss of my best friends mother. Her mom got sick very suddenly last week, and went into ICU. One week and one day later, she passed away. She was only 55. I feel awful for my friend. I cannot imagine going through this time in my life without my mother. My friend has a one year old baby, and I cannot even think of how I would feel without my mom there to see my baby and be a part of my kids lives. Plus, I feel awful that I am to the point in my pregnancy that I am no longer allowed to travel, so I cannot go to Houston for the funeral. My mom and sister are going, so that makes me feel a little better.
The second loss I am dealing with is my precious kitty, Chico. He has a RARE cancer and I think we are finally to the point that he is no longer comfortable, and we have to put him to sleep.
He is only 8 and most cats live to be anywhere from 16-20 years old. Chico is the first pet I have ever had that is just mine. Not a family pet, but my own pet. I am so attached to him. I have already cried my eyes out over this kitty several times. He is my little buddy, and I cannot bear the thought of how I will be when he is no longer with me. I am so used to looking for him when I get home and cuddling with him and making him purr. His absence from my life will probably become reality before Friday. I am attaching a picture of my Sweet Chico.

On a more positive note (sorry this post has been such a bummer), I have another prenatal check-up tomorrow, so I will get to see my sweet baby on the sonogram again! I love seeing that sweet face, and even hearing about how large Baby L is. I will post an update after the appointment.
Please pray for my friend and for me as we deal with our losses.

2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Oh Aly, I am so sorry! This suck a big fat one. My cats are like members of my family too and I tear up reading your post! I will pray for God to give you courage and strength and peace and to heal your heart... and for Chico to not be in any pain. P&PT's for your friend too.. how awful. :(

The Jarmons said...

oh...you stinker, you didnt even tell me today :( im sorry about chico. that is always hard esp when they have been your "kid" for so long.